Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chair Re-Do

When you think about makeovers in the home, it can been so overwhelming. I know there are a million major projects I would LOVE to take on, but don't have the budget it for it.  So I say, if you're going to glam up the home a bit, you want your work to pack a punch. 

Last year I recovered two large arm chairs in our living room that did take time and effort.  What I have learned, though, is you can do anything with a great staple gun, Magna Tac, and tenacity. 


What I have also learned is you can take most furniture apart. When Jake and first arrived in New York, our church had an amazing vintage furniture store. Often they would give Jake and me items that were not selling, which is how we inherited a lovely dining room table that seats six along with four wicker chairs.  Our first two years here the table and chairs served us brilliantly.  However, after a few years with kids, the chairs have seen their fair share of battle wounds. 

I decided to mix modern chairs and throw out the old ones.  Modern can usually be less expensive. I found some lovely blue chairs at IKEA for just $19.99 each.  
You can see the blue chairs here in the background.  I love that they are easy to clean and baby proof.  

I did hate to toss out our wicker chairs, and when I finished up my project on the large chairs, I had plenty of leftover fabric. A friend said to me, if your chairs are well made, then you most likely will be able just to unscrew them take them apart.  So I began to unscrew the chairs, stapled away, and a few hours later we had new chairs. 


 I loved the results, and it was just as easy as that. I had NO idea I just needed to flip them over and recover.  So, simple right? All you need is a screw driver, staple gun, and fabulous fabric!  

Once flipped, I just measured the fabric and wrapped my seats like a present.  They are sooooo good looking now. 


Easy Re-Do,


M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...