Friday, April 13, 2012

Set The Table

I love dressing up the dinner table by layering colors and fabrics I have lying around the house.  It is so satisfying to add a pop in color without spending a dime. This is my kind of recycling. 

I love flowers, and if I have the time I usually put a quick arrangement together for dinner parties. I thought today, with my budget fruit would be a perfect center piece. I really do love using what I have right in my home to spruce life up.  


The blue fabric is leftover from a chair I covered in Henry's room and the placemats were a gift my aunt picked up from an estate sale.  I love the combination in color and texture. The yellow bananas and oranges are a perfect match with my placemats.


COLOR COMBOS: ORANGE & BLUE
Can you see I have a bit of a theme running throughout the house?  It is funny how we become attracted to certain combinations. You can see what I have on my radar. 



Have you ever found yourself matching your table setting? Jake noticed and snapped a photo. I often end up matching the kids, or we all end up in the same color scheme.  I had no idea I was matching up with my settings.
If you need a little cooking inspiration so you have reason to set the table, check out, Chicken and Egg.  You can't deny how lovely the blues and oranges are against the white background.  Not to mention each page is so lovely.  My sister, Marissa, gave it to me this Christmas, and I LOVE cooking from it.

Set the Table!


Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...