Friday, March 22, 2013

Vintage Buttons

Since we are just a little over a week away from Easter, I have quickly been working to pull our outfits together for the big day. I can't wait to share our fun Easter picnic in Gramercy Park, all I have to say is the meal is going to be simple with a tinge of nostalgia. 
I digress. Last week my mother sent a dress to Sophia from the Gap, the dress was a little too big so when I went to exchange it, I found a fabulous dress coat in robins egg blue that I just could not walk away from.  The coat was priced at $55 and marked down to $30.  It was a must have, plus the coat is quilted inside, sure to keep S warm.  All that being said, I did want to add a personal touch.  Remember my upgraded Gap sweater here?  Since it is Easter, I thought to make some button changes that would personalize the coat. 





Clearly the coat is beautiful on its own and the large button is cute, but I thought, wouldn't it be more fun to have a little more white and gold? Plus, I love to romantize the origins of these beautiful buttons found here in Gramercy Park and always wonder, who did they belong to? 





I love just a simple personal touch to take any outfit to the next level.

BESOS,


Mel  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...