Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!

Christmas this year was absolutely nuts.  I know every year December can get busy, and we have had times in the past with plenty of travel, events, gift wrapping and trips to the post office.  But this year seriously almost did me in!  We had already been traveling a ton for a variety of reasons, but when Jady's sweet Grandmother died mid December we knew of course we wouldn't miss the funeral in Baton Rouge, so we turned around and headed back to the airport.  That quick trip must have been the last straw, since I got sicker than I have been since I was a kid.  High fever, sore throat, sinus & ear infection, cough-- my sweet husband basically had to carry me into the doctor's office.  I would normally feel quite sorry for myself being that sick, but the main problem was that I was down for the count until Christmas Eve, which meant the 10 days leading up to Christmas and the long to do list were just gone.  Time to prioritize!  Thank the Lord for Amazon and 2 day shipping for buying presents propped up in bed:)

We flew to Baton Rouge (back again!) on the afternoon of the 25th after a whirlwind of church services and semi-frantic packing for a few days of family time and decompression before the big payoff at the end of the holiday madness: a cruise.  Jady and I planned a full week, just the two of us, on a tropical getaway right after Christmas, and it was exactly what the doctor ordered. 


After reading a few books by the pool and planning nothing more complicated than when to eat dinner, we're back home now and feeling rejuvenated.  

And, of course, I'm feeling the urge to start a few new projects around the house!  Stay tuned for some fun new posts on Mel & Liza this year.

Happy New Year.

xo

Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...