Monday, June 9, 2014

Work in progress

I am not one of those who is afraid to try a new paint color, change up our furniture, or move fixtures around. Lucky for me my friend Ginger and I are always working on "The Rectory." 

Last summer we went for an all white kitchen look. I thought it looked clean and fresh, but did not function for our family of four. We lead busy lives filled with projects, home work, and more. So, our kitchen felt a bit too sterile for our family. 
This is when Ginger comes in.....

A few months back Ginger painted my wall with chalkboard painted a drew a few illustrations, what a fantastic friend. And while I was in Paris I picked up a few post cards I LOVED and washi taped them to our wall. 

Last year, I had planters in a shelf on the wall and loved the touch of green, but because the light  is limited against the wall I knew we needed cactus as our plants this time around. 
Our crowning jewel on the wall is my favorite pic of Frida Kahlo. She looks amazing agaist the dark wall, what is not to love. 


 PS: I found this chair in our church furniture shop for 25 dollars, a steal!!! If your in the Gramercy area you must pop into our church shop, there are so many fabulous treasures!!!


Mil Besos,

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...