Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Yard Work is Hard Work

This winter's Polar Vortex was so brutal that we've been pretty worried about all of those plants we put in the ground last fall, wondering if anything would survive all those icy months.  It can be hard to tell with some things what kind of damage they've sustained until spring really sets in and new growth begins to bud (or not).  Thank goodness most of our plants, trees and bushes survived, and really most things look pretty happy now-- but there were definitely a few casualties, too.  


This weekend I pulled on my gardening gloves and got to work, trimming off dead branches and cutting away sections of anything burned by the frost.  I've been complaining (pleasantly:)) for years about missing a real yard, and now that we have one, I'm amazed at how much maintenance it takes to keep it looking good.  The weeds!  It's like there's a new batch every day.  Thankfully I do really love to work in the yard, weeding included, so I got what I wanted:)



I also picked up some new plants and finished working on a section of the landscaping that we had put on hold.  Stay tuned for the reveal later this week!

xo

Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...