Monday, April 28, 2014

Small Meals Big Punch

The Rev. and I are so excited to host our dear friend D.Roseberry for supper this evening. Now, when your regular dinner crowd consists of at least 10 hosting ONE friend feels like a breeze. 



Since we penciled dinner together a week ago, I have been thinking about what to prepare. I thought I may do something a little special in the kitchen, but then when it came down to the shopping I opted for my favorite dinner choices; roasted chicken, brussels sprouts, patatas bravas, and a little Ciao Bella for dessert. 


 Now for a little something special……
Since I wasn't up to venturing into new recipes, I knew I wanted simple floral arrangements that POP. What I ended up with was ONE bunch of coral peonies and ONE bunch of interesting greens. 











The simple touch of coral peonies has done the trick. The simple burst in color, shape, and texture has brought our table setting to life, even if it is just three old friends sharing a humble meal. I say add simple touches to elevate any occasion, especially a meal with dear friends. 


Mil Besos,


Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...